Friday, June 22, 2012

Public relations is still a good marketing tool

I love marketing online for a lot of reasons, but especially because it is so cost effective for many of my clients. I like the immediate feedback you can see with analytics programs and the ability to make changes quickly if things are working. But good, old-fashioned PR is still a great tool for many companies and equally cost effective. Case in point: I recently helped a local company create an event to raise awareness of the new business. By holding a grand opening event and creating a compelling story, the press releases got immediate media attention and generated a wonderful Sunday story. The result was not only that the business got great coverage, but there were people waiting in line when she opened her doors that very day. Immediate feedback, immediate sales. The great part is the lingering effect that the event will have. People who were there will tell others. The newspaper story will be out on the internet for a long, long time. I have shared the coverage and the photos through my social media sites and people are talking about it days later. Public Relations is a powerful tool in your marketing tool belt, and it works.

If you would like to learn more about the Black Horse Winery in Orange Park, FL, visit my Facebook site: www.facebook.com/DeppeCommunications. 

No comments:

Post a Comment