Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wow, I've just started my own Marketing firm! This will be an adventure, and I look forward to sharing the ups and downs on my blog. When I discovered that my nice, safe corporate job was gone, I decided right away that I would follow my long-held secret wish to create my own future. So, I launched Deppe Communications that very day. Within hours, I had reached out to a number of colleagues to ask for their help. It's amazing, but when you ask people for help they are incredibly responsive!

I have made appointments with a number of people whose opinions I trust and value. I am asking for guidance on starting a business, but also for referrals. By day two, I had my first client! Today is Day 3 of being on my own and I am getting ready to dig in to my first job. I have appointments scheduled for the next two weeks, and I am excited about this opportunity.

This blog will be my way of sharing what I learn and what I know about Marketing. There are so many small businesses out there that cannot afford to hire a marketing person, but need someone to guide them as they work to grow their business. That's my niche. I can provide years of expertise gained at large corporations where I managed all the marketing, PR and communications functions including websites. My specialties are branding and integrated marketing.

I am looking for referrals so if you know of someone who could benefit from 30 years of marketing expertise, I'd appreciate it if you would recommend me, or Email me the referral at kdeppe@comcast.net.

Today's Tip: Keep your website fresh. Make sure you are updating the content at least once a week. Add pictures when you can, but make sure to tag them with a description so the web crawlers will "see" them.

No comments:

Post a Comment